Would You Like to Replace Missing Teeth? Yuma AZ Premier Dental Office Has Options For You
If you're missing teeth, you may experience changes in how you speak or chew your food. Even one missing tooth can affect how your whole mouth works. Replace missing teeth at the premier Yuma AZ dental office and you won't just improve your appearance, you'll improve your quality of life.
When you replace missing teeth, you alleviate stress in your bite. Changes in your bite can often lead to jaw discomfort and headaches. Moreover, when missing teeth are replaced, you ensure the shape of your face is maintained, which leads to a more youthful appearance.
A Great Way to Replace Missing Teeth is with Dental Bridges ... Yuma AZ Based Yuma Dental Offers the Best in Dental Bridges
Dental bridges are named so because they literally "bridge" the gap between teeth you have and areas where one or more teeth used to be. Sometimes referred to as a fixed partial denture, a dental bridge replaces the missing teeth with artificial ones.
There are fixed bridges, which can only be removed by a dentist, and removable bridges. Here's how they differ:
- Made from porcelain, alloys, gold or a combination, fixed dental bridges are bonded onto surrounding teeth for added support.
- Made from cast metal, acrylic, Valplast and other materials, removable dental bridges don't have the same level of support as fixed. But they do offer the benefit of easier oral hygiene, since they can be removed and cleaned.
Get Dental Bridge Work Done at Our Yuma, AZ, Dental Office
Foundation is critical in the success of a dental bridge. To ensure a good, healthy foundation, keeping your remaining teeth healthy and strong is essential. If you need dental bridges, our Yuma AZ dental specialists will provide you with information on how to ensure a long-lasting dental bridge. When properly cared for, a dental bridge can last 10 years or more.
Determining which type of dental bridge is right for you — or even if this is your most viable option — can be daunting. You may feel confused about your choices and uncertain about the best choice for your circumstances. That’s why at Yuma Dental we provide you with a user-friendly understanding of the what’s involved, the payment options, and comprehensive answers to any other questions you may have.
If you need dental bridges, our Yuma AZ dental specialists will provide you with information on how to ensure a long-lasting dental bridge. When properly cared for, a dental bridge can last 10 years or more.
How Your Dental Bridge May Be Installed
At Yuma Dental, each patient is treated uniquely. Therefore, not every bridge procedure will be performed in the same way, using the same methods. You have a one-of-a-kind mouth and we treat it that way!
If you need dental bridges, our Yuma AZ dental specialists follow these steps:
- We start by taking X-rays, impressions and photographs of the area. This will help us plan the best dental bridge for your unique mouth. We take into consideration both the functional and aesthetical components of the dental bridge work at this step.
- Then, the teeth on both sides of the gap are prepared for dental crowns. Your comfort is important to us. We will provide anesthetics if needed during preparation. Sometimes surrounding teeth may be compromised due to cavities, cracks or extreme wear. In that case, the teeth are restored before being prepared for crowns.
- The false teeth, along with the crowns, will be custom-made in a lab as a single piece. While your custom dental bridge is being fabricated, we'll provide you with a temporary bridge should your teeth and gums need the extra protection.
At your next visit, we'll place the unit in your mouth and bond the crowns to your adjacent teeth.
Best Care for Your Dental Bridges
Your dental bridges can be a long-lasting, comfortable way to replace missing teeth. Our Yuma AZ dental specialists will review proper hygiene procedures with you to ensure your dental bridge lasts for years. These procedures include:
- A special bridge floss threader, including relevant directions on its use, to enable you to floss the areas surrounding your bridge, including between the unit and your gums. This device can be used to prevent daily buildup of plaque and bacteria. At least twice a day, brush with a fluoride toothpaste.
- Advice on routine check-ups to maintain the integrity of your dental bridge. During your regular check-up, the dental bridge will be examined closely and any measures necessary to prevent possible issues will be taken.
Also important to maintain the integrity of your dental bridge is routine check-ups. During your regular check-up, the dental bridge will be examined closely and any measures necessary to prevent possible issues will be taken.
Take Back Your Smile
Call us today at 928.344.5700 for an appointment to learn more about dental bridges and other options for replacing your missing teeth. You can use our convenient appointment-setting tool to find a time that works. Regain your smile and prevent future dental issues.